When choosing a web designer, it is recommended that you compare services and rates from at least 3-4 designers before making a final decision. If you want your website built the proper way, you will need to take it one step further and ask the web designer a few important questions before signing the dotted line.
Here are 5 important questions to ask a web designer:
- Have you ever built websites like the one I want built? Let’s say that you want an ecommerce site built. You will want someone who specializes in building ecommerce sites. If you hire someone who has never built an ecommerce site, you are wasting your time and money.
- Can you provide me with at least 2 references from companies that you have built websites for? Sometimes consumers will read the website testimonials and call it a day. You will want to ask for verifiable references from previous customers.
- Does your web design company only use web templates? Many web design companies use only web templates. If you want a professional looking website with maximum functionality, you will want a web designer who can provide custom web design services.
- Can you create a logo for my website? Having a well designed logo for your website is important for your brand image. Ask your prospective web designer if he or she provides logo design services. You will find that many web design companies like 8Consulting provides logo design services.
- What is the time frame? The amount of time it takes for your site to be built depends on the complexity of the site. Normally, a small professional website takes up to 20 days.
Finding the right web designer to build your site doesn’t have to be complicated. When you ask your prospective web designer the questions above, their answers will help you determine who to hire. Remember, the key to having a well